CTA Blue Line study may result in reconstruction
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA is taking a close look at the Blue Line stretch that runs parallel to the Eisenhower Expressway.
The $1 million study could result in the eventual first major reconstruction of the rail line since it opened 55 years ago.
The trains have several slow zones on the West Side branch and sometimes travel at nearly the same speed as the cars in rush hour traffic on the Ike.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 13 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 57 min ago
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 32 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 36 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos