CTA Blue Line study may result in reconstruction
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA is taking a close look at the Blue Line stretch that runs parallel to the Eisenhower Expressway.
The $1 million study could result in the eventual first major reconstruction of the rail line since it opened 55 years ago.
The trains have several slow zones on the West Side branch and sometimes travel at nearly the same speed as the cars in rush hour traffic on the Ike.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 16 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All