CTA Blue Line study may result in reconstruction
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA is taking a close look at the Blue Line stretch that runs parallel to the Eisenhower Expressway.
The $1 million study could result in the eventual first major reconstruction of the rail line since it opened 55 years ago.
The trains have several slow zones on the West Side branch and sometimes travel at nearly the same speed as the cars in rush hour traffic on the Ike.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos