CTA Blue Line study may result in reconstruction
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA is taking a close look at the Blue Line stretch that runs parallel to the Eisenhower Expressway.
The $1 million study could result in the eventual first major reconstruction of the rail line since it opened 55 years ago.
The trains have several slow zones on the West Side branch and sometimes travel at nearly the same speed as the cars in rush hour traffic on the Ike.
- South suburbs on alert after series of attacks
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Crowds descend on Rome ahead of canonization
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wrigley Field anniversary cake tossed in dumpster
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee
- 5 CPS schools to begin offering mariachi classes
- I-Team: Gov't officials discuss campus sex assaults
- Hinsdale woman featured in People magazine
- All Southland College Prep seniors accepted to college
- NIU hazing death case in court
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- abcnews: Avril Lavigne Slammed for New Video