Police look for suspect in South Shore attempted sexual assault
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are looking for a man who tried to sexually assault a woman Tuesday evening in the 2900-block of E. 79th Street in Chicago's South Shore community.
Investigators say the man struck up a conversation with the woman as she walked in the area.
He then grabbed her, threw her to the ground and displayed a knife.
They struggled and she suffered cuts on her neck and hands before she was able to get away.
Police have a limited description of the attacker. Women are reminded to take precaution and to avoid walking alone.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 56 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home