Mikhail Baryshnikov gives Northwestern University commencement address
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A very special guest speaker gave the commencement address at Northwestern University Friday: world-renowned ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov.
During his speech, he told the graduating seniors to try better at what they do -- not necessarily the best -- saying that the word "best" is just a label and "better" is more personal.
He also told the graduates to think of success on its own terms.
Baryshnikov received his own honorary degree from the university.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 29 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...