PAWS Chicago sponsors 36-hour 'Adopt-A-Thon'
June 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A no-kill animal shelter on Chicago's Northwest Side is raising awareness about the abundance of homeless pets.
PAWS Chicago is sponsoring a 36-hour Adopt-A-Thon. More than 150 dogs and cats are ready for good homes.
PAWS officials are hoping these animals get a second chance, which would free up space to take in more pets from the city pound.
The Adopt-A-Thon runs until 11 p.m. Saturday at PAWS Chicago on N. Clybourn.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation