Edwin Hernandez, man charged in sex assault of Albany Park girl, due in court
June 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man charged in the sexual assault of a special needs girl in the Albany Park neighborhood is expected in bond court Sunday.
Edwin Hernandez, 30, of Chicago has been charged with aggravated criminal sexual assault and home invasion/sex offense, police said.
Officers say the man crawled through the victim's window in the 4800-block of North Ridgeway and sexually abused her while she was sleeping in her bed between the hours of 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. last Sunday in the Albany Park neighborhood.
The father of the teen victim said his daughter has special needs and can't speak, but she screamed for help during the attack. Her friend, who was also in the room at the time, said a man came through the window, committed the crime, then ran away.
According to police, the man barged into the family's ground-level window, which was closed but unlocked.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Chemical plant fire, explosion injures 2 in Alsip 11 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- 4-year-old boy accidentally shoots himself in Gary
- I-90/94 lanes to close for bridge piers construction
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Bruno Mars is Billboard's top artist of 2013 12 min ago
- abcnews: Family: American held in Iran was CIA spy
- 7 in :77