Parents from closing schools cite safety concerns
June 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Parents from two Northwest Side schools are concerned about the safety of students who will be going to new schools this fall.
They joined neighborhood residents and teachers for a vigil today. Organizers say students from Von Humboldt and Duprey Elementary will have to travel through gang territories and violence plagued areas on their way to school.
Von Humboldt and Duprey are part of the final group of Chicago Public Schools that are closing Monday.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 51 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 4 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 6 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos