Noose found hanging in Chicago Amtrak facility
June 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Amtrak has launched an investigation after a noose was found hanging at a Chicago mechanical facility.
An employee there snapped a picture and sent it to ABC7.
An Amtrak spokesperson says the noose was removed immediately.
He said Amtrak has a zero tolerance policy and the person responsible will be terminated.
This noose was found in a part of the mechanic garage that is for employees only.
It's located in the 1400-block of South Lumber.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home