Noose found hanging in Chicago Amtrak facility
June 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Amtrak has launched an investigation after a noose was found hanging at a Chicago mechanical facility.
An employee there snapped a picture and sent it to ABC7.
An Amtrak spokesperson says the noose was removed immediately.
He said Amtrak has a zero tolerance policy and the person responsible will be terminated.
This noose was found in a part of the mechanic garage that is for employees only.
It's located in the 1400-block of South Lumber.
- Freeze hits Chicago area, snow expected Sunday
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Astor House tenants face eviction
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- Cancer patient without heat after power shut off
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Dylan's electric guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Couples renew marriage vows at Field Museum
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area