Stars of seven fallen Chicago police officers enshrined
June 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In a solemn ceremony, the stars of seven fallen Chicago police officers were enshrined in the honored star case.
Relatives of the officers were saluted as they made their way inside police headquarters.
Superintendent Garry McCarthy read the names of each of the fallen heroes who died while serving the City of Chicago.
"Even as we feel a profound sense of pride about the exemplary men and women honored in this memorial, there is pain at their tragic loss," said McCarthy.
McCarthy thanked the officers' family members for their dedication.
The honored star case now holds the stars of 490 fallen Chicago police officers.
- Alsip refinery fire after possible explosion 5 min ago
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington Heights 59 min ago
- Blagojevich appeal goes before judges
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Free Mega Millions tickets in Chicago
- Man, 31, pulled from Chicago River near lake
- Body of missing Lansing man, 40, found in ditch 43 min ago
- 8 LSD crashes reported within 1 mile in 1 hour
- Doritos wings, Mountain Dew dipping sauce could come to BWW
- Winter weather advisories; snow follows cold
- Ex-teacher Amber Kraus pleads not guilty to teen sex assault
- Prisoner charged in 1988 Rogers Park rape, murder
- CTA auctioning seats, signs, rail car, more
- Chicago man gets 50 years in ex-wife's death
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- ABC7 To Go 12-13-13
1 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Gunman dead, officer shot in Arlington...
59 min ago