Stars of seven fallen Chicago police officers enshrined
June 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- In a solemn ceremony, the stars of seven fallen Chicago police officers were enshrined in the honored star case.
Relatives of the officers were saluted as they made their way inside police headquarters.
Superintendent Garry McCarthy read the names of each of the fallen heroes who died while serving the City of Chicago.
"Even as we feel a profound sense of pride about the exemplary men and women honored in this memorial, there is pain at their tragic loss," said McCarthy.
McCarthy thanked the officers' family members for their dedication.
The honored star case now holds the stars of 490 fallen Chicago police officers.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Quinn makes 1st public event since controversial audit
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains