CTA Yellow Line service resumes, delays on Red, Purple lines after electrical loss
June 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA has resumed Yellow Line service, but minor delays may persist for Red, Purple and Yellow Line trains after a loss of power near the Howard station.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Chicago Transit Authority posted alerts on its website and Twitter page Tuesday regarding the loss of power.
The alerts advised that the Red and Purple lines were experiencing major delays, and that service on the Yellow Line was "temporarily suspended due to a loss of power." The CTA said the Red Line was affected between Howard and Belmont.
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing rain 29 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 30 min ago
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia 33 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with family
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
30 min ago
- McHenry, Lake counties prepare for freezing...
29 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40...
55 min ago