St. James Church demolition to begin in Bronzeville
June 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The demolition of Saint James Church in Chicago is set to begin Wednesday.
Many parishioners have waged a battle to try and save the church in Chicago's Bronzeville community.
The church is in bad condition.
The Chicago Archdiocese estimates renovating it would cost $12 million.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the wrecking ball will move in Wednesday.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert 52 min ago
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
34 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
57 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
52 min ago