St. James Church demolition to begin in Bronzeville
June 25, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The demolition of Saint James Church in Chicago is set to begin Wednesday.
Many parishioners have waged a battle to try and save the church in Chicago's Bronzeville community.
The church is in bad condition.
The Chicago Archdiocese estimates renovating it would cost $12 million.
According to the Chicago Tribune, the wrecking ball will move in Wednesday.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913