Kerry Wood finds body near Belmont Harbor in Lake Michigan
June 26,2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kerry Wood, former Chicago Cub pitcher, found a body while paddle boarding in Lake Michigan near Belmont Harbor.
Police say Kerry called 911 around 11 a.m. on Monday after discovering the body of a man. The police marine unit recovered the body in the lake near the 3200-block of North Lake Shore Drive.
The identity of the man has not been released, but a tag on the body indicated the man was reported missing by a North Side nursing home after he was released from a hospital earlier this month.
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents 36 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 34 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 24 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 6 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
34 min ago