Kerry Wood finds body near Belmont Harbor in Lake Michigan
June 26,2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kerry Wood, former Chicago Cub pitcher, found a body while paddle boarding in Lake Michigan near Belmont Harbor.
Police say Kerry called 911 around 11 a.m. on Monday after discovering the body of a man. The police marine unit recovered the body in the lake near the 3200-block of North Lake Shore Drive.
The identity of the man has not been released, but a tag on the body indicated the man was reported missing by a North Side nursing home after he was released from a hospital earlier this month.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos