Kerry Wood finds body near Belmont Harbor in Lake Michigan
June 26,2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kerry Wood, former Chicago Cub pitcher, found a body while paddle boarding in Lake Michigan near Belmont Harbor.
Police say Kerry called 911 around 11 a.m. on Monday after discovering the body of a man. The police marine unit recovered the body in the lake near the 3200-block of North Lake Shore Drive.
The identity of the man has not been released, but a tag on the body indicated the man was reported missing by a North Side nursing home after he was released from a hospital earlier this month.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans