Kerry Wood finds body near Belmont Harbor in Lake Michigan
June 26,2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kerry Wood, former Chicago Cub pitcher, found a body while paddle boarding in Lake Michigan near Belmont Harbor.
Police say Kerry called 911 around 11 a.m. on Monday after discovering the body of a man. The police marine unit recovered the body in the lake near the 3200-block of North Lake Shore Drive.
The identity of the man has not been released, but a tag on the body indicated the man was reported missing by a North Side nursing home after he was released from a hospital earlier this month.
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 17 min ago
- Woman falls on CTA tracks, rescued by bystanders 19 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
- New Illinois driving laws in 2014 on speed, electronics 27 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores 15 min ago
- Man charged in Rogers Park stabbing 12 min ago
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- Free pizza Friday at new Lakeview restaurant 9 min ago
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations
- Photos: Target Credit Card Breach: What to do if...
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape 12 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
17 min ago
- Report: Centrella may buy Dominick's stores
15 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos