Chinatown purse snatching warning issued
June 26, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have issued a warning about a series of purse snatchings in the city's Chinatown community on the South Side.
Police say there have been five attacks in the last week.
They happened in the 300 and 400 blocks of West 25th Place, the 300 block of West 24th Place, 500 block of West 26th Place and the 4500 block of South Western Avenue.
In each case, the attacker jumps out of a vehicle takes a woman's purse by force and then jumps back in their vehicle to get away.
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus