CTA bus, dump truck crash near 103rd, Stoney Island
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CTA bus driver is in critical condition following a crash with a dump truck on the city's Far South Side.
The CTA's No. 6 Jackson Park Express bus was not in service when it was struck by the dump truck Wednesday night near 103rd Street and Stoney Island Ave. Two other vehicles were also involved in the crash.
Two CTA employees, including the driver, had to be extricated from the wreckage. Four people were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 25 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 3 min ago
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill 34 min ago
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
3 min ago
- Chicago River dyeing draws crowds
32 min ago
- Chicago St. Patrick's Day Parade 2014
17 min ago