CTA bus, dump truck crash near 103rd, Stoney Island
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CTA bus driver is in critical condition following a crash with a dump truck on the city's Far South Side.
The CTA's No. 6 Jackson Park Express bus was not in service when it was struck by the dump truck Wednesday night near 103rd Street and Stoney Island Ave. Two other vehicles were also involved in the crash.
Two CTA employees, including the driver, had to be extricated from the wreckage. Four people were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 2 min ago
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George 3 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary 57 min ago
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden 58 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home
- Bulls fans ready for start of playoffs
1 min ago