CTA bus, dump truck crash near 103rd, Stoney Island
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A CTA bus driver is in critical condition following a crash with a dump truck on the city's Far South Side.
The CTA's No. 6 Jackson Park Express bus was not in service when it was struck by the dump truck Wednesday night near 103rd Street and Stoney Island Ave. Two other vehicles were also involved in the crash.
Two CTA employees, including the driver, had to be extricated from the wreckage. Four people were taken to the hospital.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 23 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 1 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 45 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 5 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos