Radio calls from pilot in Wheeling plane crash released
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- ''I ain't gonna make it,'' the pilot of a small airplane told the tower just before he crash landed in Wheeling. ''I have to put it on the road.''
The tower confirmed it heard his request.
"Good luck to that pilot," the person in the tower is heard saying in the just released radio calls from Tuesday night. The pilot brought down the twin-engine Beechcraft on a Wheeling street, just missing an apartment complex in the Chicago suburb.
The pilot was the only person on board, and was not seriously injured. No one on the ground was hurt.
The pilot of the Beech Super King Air 200 turbo-prop plane was headed to the Chicago Executive Airport in Wheeling.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Video: I-Team: Wanted by international police
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- 1 injured after car collides with school bus in Kenosha
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Woman charged after crashing car into Burbank house
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant 40 min ago