Johnny Borizov to be sentenced July 15 in Darien triple murder
June 27, 2013 (WHEATON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Sentencing is set for July 15 after a jury found Johnny Borizov guilty on all counts in plotting the 2010 murder of his ex-girlfriend's parents and brother.
Johnny Borizov showed no emotion as he learned he will likely spend the rest of his life in prison May 14.
The DuPage County jurors got the case around 4 p.m., the same day they heard closing arguments. Less than three hours later, they had a verdict.
DuPage County Assistant State's Attorney Bernie Murray told jurors that Borizov used Jacob Nodarse as a "patsy." During the trial, Nodarse testified against his friend, saying Borizov "manipulated" him into carrying out the March 2010 killing of Jeffrey and Lori Kramer, and their son, Michael, 20.
Defense attorneys say they believe a jail house video that shows a conversation between Jacob Nodarse and Johnny Borizov proved too much to overcome.
"We talked to a couple of jurors who said several of them had doubts in the beginning but felt the tape was the most persuasive evidence," said defense attorney Richard Kling.
Borizov's defense argued that Nodarse's testimony is not believable because of Nodarse's drug use and mental illness.
"He was a dope fiend," defense attorney Susana Ortiz said.
During the murder trial, Nodarse said he moved between "reality" and "nightmares" during the murders inside the family's Darien home. Nodarse pleaded guilty but mentally ill to the murder of Jeffrey Kramer.
Borizov was in a bitter custody battle with the Kramer's daughter, Angela, at the time of the murders.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 28 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 33 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 1 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 20 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake