Ind. judge dismisses charges against Melissa Swiontek
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A judge in Indiana has dismissed charges of neglect against the mother of a murdered toddler.
Melissa Swiontek is the mother of Jada Justice, 2.
Justice was murdered in 2009. She was beaten, killed and left in a local swamp.
The girl's babysitter and her boyfriend were convicted in the murder, but Swiontek faced neglect charges in her death.
On Thursday, a Lake County Criminal Court judge ruled she had no reason to foresee Justice's death.
- 2 storms take aim at Chicago area 8 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man believed to be Gacy victim found living in Montana 8 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Over 80 injured in partial London theater collapse 6 min ago
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Free gift-wrapping service at O'Hare, Midway 6 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools