Ind. judge dismisses charges against Melissa Swiontek
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A judge in Indiana has dismissed charges of neglect against the mother of a murdered toddler.
Melissa Swiontek is the mother of Jada Justice, 2.
Justice was murdered in 2009. She was beaten, killed and left in a local swamp.
The girl's babysitter and her boyfriend were convicted in the murder, but Swiontek faced neglect charges in her death.
On Thursday, a Lake County Criminal Court judge ruled she had no reason to foresee Justice's death.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 34 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 54 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77