O'Hare, Midway report major delays due to severe weather
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- O'Hare and Midway airports are reporting major delays due to severe weather in the Chicago area Thursday afternoon.
The Department of Aviation reported a ground stop for all flights at O'Hare due to lightning. Delays are O'Hare averaged one hour and more than 30 flights were canceled.
At Midway, there was a ground stop to flights going to the north and east. Some flights were delayed up to an hour.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Miley Cyrus, 'Bangerz' tour stops in Chicago 9 min ago
- Set clocks ahead 1 hour for daylight savings
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD