O'Hare, Midway report major delays due to severe weather
June 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- O'Hare and Midway airports are reporting major delays due to severe weather in the Chicago area Thursday afternoon.
The Department of Aviation reported a ground stop for all flights at O'Hare due to lightning. Delays are O'Hare averaged one hour and more than 30 flights were canceled.
At Midway, there was a ground stop to flights going to the north and east. Some flights were delayed up to an hour.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home