Letter requests no special treatment for Jesse Jackson Jr.
June 27, 2013 (WLS) -- More recommendation letters are being filed Thursday for the sentencing of Jesse Jackson Jr.
The former congressman and his wife Sandi Jackson will be sentenced on July 3.
Letters have been filed with the court previously asking for leniency, and four new letters were filed today.
One has a different message.
Wyvetta Washington, a former resident of the district Jackson represented, writes that "One really good thing about Illinois is that our former governors are incarcerated and have been shown no special consideration. Please show the Jacksons the same equality under the law."
- Snow, bitter cold to make for messy commute
- Office Depot moving OfficeMax HQ from Naperville to FL
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 53 min ago
- Crews battle large fire in unoccupied Skokie building
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Lake Zurich lockdowns lifted after reported student with weapons
- Derrick Smith wants case thrown out for being too 'vague'
- Santa visits cancer patient at Northwestern Hospital
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
53 min ago