Missing twin girls found on steps of South Side church, police say
June 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- An uncle of twin sisters who were reported missing said the 9-year olds were found Friday morning sleeping on the steps of a South Side church
Police issued an alert for Ciara and Tiara Johnson after they were reported missing on Thursday in the 3600-block of W 79th Street. They were last seen with their aunt, Matilda Johnson, and her 9-year-old son. Family members said Matilda had been "acting a little paranoid lately," according to police.
The girls' uncle told ABC7 that a janitor at Christ Temple, 14 S. Ashland, found the girls. No other details have been released.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody 1 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in...
5 min ago
- LSD standoff suspect wanted in wife's murder
19 min ago