Man charged in jewelry store robbery at C.D. Peacock at Oakbrook mall
June 29, 2013 (OAK BROOK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Levert Jones, 25, of Detroit, is accused of using a sledgehammer to rob a C.D. Peacock jewelry store at Oakbrook Center in Oak Brook.
Police say images from the jewelry store's surveillance camera shows Jones pulling the sledgehammer from his waistband and smashing the glass merchandise case containing jewelry and watches on June 23, 2013 around 3:45 p.m. An armed security guard ordered Jones and two accomplices to the ground, police say, and they complied, but then tried to run away.
Jones was shot in the abdomen. His accomplices ran out of the mall and got away in a stolen vehicle, police say.
Jones is charged with attempted armed robbery. His bond was set at $500,000.
He was scheduled to appear in court July 22.
Anyone with information on the attempted robbery should call the Oak Brook Police Department at (630) 368-8760 or the DuPage County State's Attorney's Office at (630) 407-8000.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos