Suspicious package shuts down CTA Yellow Line station
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA suspended service on the Yellow Line in both directions at the Dempster Station after a customer left a suitcase on a platform and tried to board a train.
The incident happened around 4 p.m. Sunday. About an hour later, Skokie police cleared the scene and trains resumed service.
Officials did not say what was in the suitcase or if the man got on the train. They say they are still investigating.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack 26 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court 10 min ago
- Police: KC highway shooting suspect in custody
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 12 min ago
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 53 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos