Suspicious package shuts down CTA Yellow Line station
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA suspended service on the Yellow Line in both directions at the Dempster Station after a customer left a suitcase on a platform and tried to board a train.
The incident happened around 4 p.m. Sunday. About an hour later, Skokie police cleared the scene and trains resumed service.
Officials did not say what was in the suitcase or if the man got on the train. They say they are still investigating.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds