Suspicious package shuts down CTA Yellow Line station
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The CTA suspended service on the Yellow Line in both directions at the Dempster Station after a customer left a suitcase on a platform and tried to board a train.
The incident happened around 4 p.m. Sunday. About an hour later, Skokie police cleared the scene and trains resumed service.
Officials did not say what was in the suitcase or if the man got on the train. They say they are still investigating.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board
- Operation Santa answers kids' letters, delivers hope
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot 47 min ago