Mom, toddler shot in West Englewood
June 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman and her 2-year-old son were shot Sunday night in the West Englewood neighborhood.
The shooting happened a few minutes before 6 p.m. near 73rd and Hermitage, police said.
The woman, 27, was shot in the arm and the 2-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the leg, police said. She was taken to Holy Cross Hospital and the baby was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital.
"The neighborhood is really getting really bad. And [it's] a shame when kids can't go outside and just play, especially on a Sunday afternoon, just going to the park to play without getting shot at, and to have to be scared. The parents have to take them out of the neighborhood to go somewhere to play. It's just a shame," Pamela Burrell, victim's friend, said.
Both were listed in "stable" condition Sunday night.
Officials are investigating.
local, michelle gallardo
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 50 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 25 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos