Swimmers warned that Lake Michigan waves could reach 7 feet
July 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The National Weather Service is warning swimmers to stay out of Lake Michigan.
The weather service says waves on the lake could get as high as 7 feet.
It also warns of pounding waves and rip currents.
Those conditions are considered life-threatening for any swimmers.
People visiting beaches along Lake Michigan are urged to not go in the water.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- 1971 disappearance solved; 2 teens ID'd in submerged car
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 15 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing 5 min ago
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 17 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77