Swimmers warned that Lake Michigan waves could reach 7 feet
July 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The National Weather Service is warning swimmers to stay out of Lake Michigan.
The weather service says waves on the lake could get as high as 7 feet.
It also warns of pounding waves and rip currents.
Those conditions are considered life-threatening for any swimmers.
People visiting beaches along Lake Michigan are urged to not go in the water.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 18 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree? 53 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 36 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
18 min ago
- What electronics will be under your tree?
53 min ago