Former Cook County Commissioner Joseph Moreno pleads guilty to extortion
July 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Cook County Commissioner Joseph Moreno has pleaded guilty to extortion.
Moreno, who is charged with former Alderman Ambrosio Medrano, also confessed to accepting a $5,000 payoff.
In court, Moreno admitted to taking bribes and using his influence as a county commissioner.
He is free on bond but will be sentenced October 17th.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos