Former Cook County Commissioner Joseph Moreno pleads guilty to extortion
July 1, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Cook County Commissioner Joseph Moreno has pleaded guilty to extortion.
Moreno, who is charged with former Alderman Ambrosio Medrano, also confessed to accepting a $5,000 payoff.
In court, Moreno admitted to taking bribes and using his influence as a county commissioner.
He is free on bond but will be sentenced October 17th.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 52 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 36 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 2 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 17 min ago
- 7 in :77