Judge Ruben Castillo takes over for Northern District of Illinois
July 1, 2013 (WLS) -- The federal courts for the Northern District of Illinois have a new chief judge.
Judge Ruben Castillo takes over for Chief Judge James Holderman after his seven-year term expired.
Judge Castillo grew up on Chicago's near Northwest Side.
He is a graduate of Loyola University and earned his law degree at Northwestern University.
He worked at Jenner and Block for five years before joining the US Attorney's Office in 1984. Ten years later, he was nominated to the bench by President Bill Clinton.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos