Judge Ruben Castillo takes over for Northern District of Illinois
July 1, 2013 (WLS) -- The federal courts for the Northern District of Illinois have a new chief judge.
Judge Ruben Castillo takes over for Chief Judge James Holderman after his seven-year term expired.
Judge Castillo grew up on Chicago's near Northwest Side.
He is a graduate of Loyola University and earned his law degree at Northwestern University.
He worked at Jenner and Block for five years before joining the US Attorney's Office in 1984. Ten years later, he was nominated to the bench by President Bill Clinton.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 16 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 51 min ago
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 17 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
51 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
16 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
7 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos