Teen shot near a school on South Side
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-year-old male was hospitalized after a shooting near a South Side school, authorities said.
The teen was shot in the leg near Claremont Elementary School in West Englewood.
The incident happened after 10:30 p.m. Monday night.
Police say the teen heard shots, then felt pain and realized he had been hit.
He is in good condition, authorities said.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 30 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 27 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand