Teen shot near a school on South Side
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-year-old male was hospitalized after a shooting near a South Side school, authorities said.
The teen was shot in the leg near Claremont Elementary School in West Englewood.
The incident happened after 10:30 p.m. Monday night.
Police say the teen heard shots, then felt pain and realized he had been hit.
He is in good condition, authorities said.
- Freezing rain, snow spreads across NW suburbs
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting
- Flossmoor boy, 15, charged with murdering older brother
- Albany Park youth orchestra broadens students' horizons
- 400 tuba players perform at Palmer House Hilton
- Families of murdered children gather at St. Sabina
- Holiday posada offers health insurance help in Pilsen
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking