Teen shot near a school on South Side
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 15-year-old male was hospitalized after a shooting near a South Side school, authorities said.
The teen was shot in the leg near Claremont Elementary School in West Englewood.
The incident happened after 10:30 p.m. Monday night.
Police say the teen heard shots, then felt pain and realized he had been hit.
He is in good condition, authorities said.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits