No rush hour delays expected after person struck by Metra Electric train
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was struck by Metra Electric train at 71st and Chappelle.
The incident did not take place at or near a stop and is not expected to affect most of Metra Electric rush hour traffic.
The person struck was transported to Stroger Hospital. The victim's condition is unknown.
All inbound and outbound South Chicago trains have been cleared to proceed through the area.
Check back with ABC7 Chicago for further details on this developing story.
metra news, local
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash 50 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 14 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5 57 min ago
- New storm warning systems help save lives
- Illinois mumps outbreak puts health officials on alert
- CFD rescues elderly man from Roseland house fire
- Carol Stream man found guilty of child sex abuse
- Missing Aurora teen mom, baby girl found safe
- Pitbull added to Illinois State Fair lineup
- Car crashes into Richton Park currency exchange
- CTA suing taggers, parents for graffiti cleanup
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- Spring Tech Gadgets
18 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos