No rush hour delays expected after person struck by Metra Electric train
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was struck by Metra Electric train at 71st and Chappelle.
The incident did not take place at or near a stop and is not expected to affect most of Metra Electric rush hour traffic.
The person struck was transported to Stroger Hospital. The victim's condition is unknown.
All inbound and outbound South Chicago trains have been cleared to proceed through the area.
Check back with ABC7 Chicago for further details on this developing story.
metra news, local
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 3 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 45 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 17 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 56 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos