No rush hour delays expected after person struck by Metra Electric train
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was struck by Metra Electric train at 71st and Chappelle.
The incident did not take place at or near a stop and is not expected to affect most of Metra Electric rush hour traffic.
The person struck was transported to Stroger Hospital. The victim's condition is unknown.
All inbound and outbound South Chicago trains have been cleared to proceed through the area.
Check back with ABC7 Chicago for further details on this developing story.
metra news, local
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 5 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train 10 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
5 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
32 min ago