Holiday weekend approaches with lower gas prices
July 2, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Gas prices are going down as the Fourth of July gets closer with the national average for a gallon of regular unleaded has dipped below $3.50.a drop of 8 cents from last week.
The decline is unusual because a four-day holiday weekend coming up and the nation is entering the heart of the summer vacation driving season.
If gas prices have you down, let ABC7 Chicago's Great Gas Giveaway ease your pain at the pump this summer.
Enter and you could win $700 worth of gas.
Go to our ABC7 Chicago's Facebook page to learn how to enter.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 1 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 40 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos