Jane Byrne, former Chicago mayor, transported to hospital, report says
July 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Mayor Jane Byrne is reportedly in Northwestern Memorial Hospital Wednesday night.
Sources say she was taken to the hospital Monday.
There's no word on what's ailing her, but in recent years she's had a number of health problems including a stroke.
Byrne is the only woman ever to be elected Chicago mayor.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney