Jane Byrne, former Chicago mayor, transported to hospital, report says
July 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former Mayor Jane Byrne is reportedly in Northwestern Memorial Hospital Wednesday night.
Sources say she was taken to the hospital Monday.
There's no word on what's ailing her, but in recent years she's had a number of health problems including a stroke.
Byrne is the only woman ever to be elected Chicago mayor.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos