Search called off for missing Beach Park fishermen near St. Louis
July 3, 2013 (WLS) -- Police and rescue crews have called off the search for a missing Illinois man and his teenage son along a riverbank in Missouri.
Mike Hill, 36, and his son David are both from far north suburban Beach Park and may be missing along the Meramec River southwest of St. Louis.
They were last seen Tuesday morning as they headed out to fish.
A woman called St. Louis County police to say she had last seen her husband and his son about two hours before at a parking lot near the river.
The woman said the pair were getting their fishing gear together.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 41 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school 22 min ago
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges 54 min ago
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts 52 min ago
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party 14 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun...
22 min ago
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
41 min ago
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
17 min ago