Chicago man, 20, gets probation for stealing iPad
July 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man has avoided prison time after he tried to steal an iPad from an Evanston man.
Sean Thomas, 20, was sentenced to probation and fined after he pleaded guilty to robbery.
Police say the victim had posted his iPad for sale on craigslist. Thomas responded to the ad, but tried to run off with the device during the transaction.
The victim chased Thomas down, but was bit and stabbed in the process.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
12 min ago