Chicago man, 20, gets probation for stealing iPad
July 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago man has avoided prison time after he tried to steal an iPad from an Evanston man.
Sean Thomas, 20, was sentenced to probation and fined after he pleaded guilty to robbery.
Police say the victim had posted his iPad for sale on craigslist. Thomas responded to the ad, but tried to run off with the device during the transaction.
The victim chased Thomas down, but was bit and stabbed in the process.
- Park Manor drive-by injures 5 children 49 min ago
- Man in custody in fatal hit-and-run on West Side, police say 35 min ago
- Boston Marathon 2014 winners cross finish line 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 41 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet 6 min ago
- Families' hopes for ferry victims painfully humble 43 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Kentucky Inmate Starves to Death 11 min ago
- 7 in :77