Body found in Belmont Harbor ID'd as Christopher Evans: Loyola University
July 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The body found in Lake Michigan at Belmont Harbor has been identified as 25-year-old missing student Christopher Evans, Loyola University has confirmed.
Loyola University spokeswoman Maeve Kiley said Thursday afternoon that the body recovered from the lake "is Christopher Evans." She said Loyola officials received confirmation of that earlier Thursday afternoon.
A couple hours after the body was recovered on Thursday police canceled the missing person alert, saying that Evans was "no longer unaccounted for." Neither police nor the medical examiner's office would say yet if the body pulled from the water was Evans.
The body was discovered at 8:30 a.m. Thursday morning, a short distance from the water's edge. The Chicago Police Department's Marine Unit was initially called to the scene after a woman reported seeing a body floating in the water.
Evans, 25, was last seen early Sunday morning just a half a mile away from the harbor at a Lakeview bar. Friends said Evans was last seen running in the direction of the lake about 1:30 a.m. Sunday.
Evans was a part-time student at Loyola University, where he was enrolled in the MBA program in the Quinlan School of Business, according to the university. He was also a financial analyst at Loyola in the Financial Services Office. Kiley said that the university would likely hold some type of memorial service for Evans in the near future.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
local, leah hope
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 'Louder Than A Bomb' Poetry Slam 8 min ago
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt... 20 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day Family Party
43 min ago