Crowd gathers outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel's home to protest budget cuts
July 4, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A big crowd gathered outside Mayor Rahm Emanuel's house to protest his policies.
They charge that the Mayor's budget cuts have hurt working people.
They also claim he's eliminating services and damaging social programs that serve ordinary people.
There was no response from the Mayor's office.
After the protest, the demonstrators held a block party down the street.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 59 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago
- 7 in :77