Hit-and-run driver slams into ambulance | Paramedics injured
July 5, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Authorities are investigating a hit-and-run accident involving a vehicle and an ambulance that left two paramedics injured.
Authorities say a BMW crashed into the Chicago Fire Department ambulance at Laramie and Jackson on the West Side early Friday morning.
The two suspects who were in the BMW then took off running.
Police say they are searching for the suspects, who are believed to be a male and female.
The two paramedics were taken to West Suburban Hospital for treatment. Their injuries are not life-threatening, according to officials.
The dark-colored BMW left at the scene appeared to have extensive damage to the front side.
local, diane pathieu
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan
- Canonization preparations underway in Rome 48 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4
- Chicago plastic bag ban OK'd by council committee 23 min ago
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis
- NIU hazing death case in court
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike
- Photos: Fermilab debuts first bison baby of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos