Hi Ho, Silver! 'Lone Ranger' star horse hails from Woodstock farm
July 5, 2013 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- One of the stars of the new movie "The Lone Ranger" used to live just outside Chicago before she went Hollywood.
Phoebe is an all-white thoroughbred cast as "Silver." She was discovered two years ago at the Valley View Acres horse farm in Woodstock as plans for the film got underway.
Phoebe is one of five horses used in various scenes and her specialty is jumping. Phoebe can leap four and a half feet.
She's seven years old, and trained at Arlington Park and Hawthorne, but apparently, she spooked the other horses because of her color.
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway 31 min ago
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest...
6 min ago