Hi Ho, Silver! 'Lone Ranger' star horse hails from Woodstock farm
July 5, 2013 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- One of the stars of the new movie "The Lone Ranger" used to live just outside Chicago before she went Hollywood.
Phoebe is an all-white thoroughbred cast as "Silver." She was discovered two years ago at the Valley View Acres horse farm in Woodstock as plans for the film got underway.
Phoebe is one of five horses used in various scenes and her specialty is jumping. Phoebe can leap four and a half feet.
She's seven years old, and trained at Arlington Park and Hawthorne, but apparently, she spooked the other horses because of her color.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 23 min ago
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 22 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1 18 min ago
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign 18 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship 30 min ago
- Fans gear up for Bulls, Blackhawks playoffs
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos