Hi Ho, Silver! 'Lone Ranger' star horse hails from Woodstock farm
July 5, 2013 (WOODSTOCK, Ill.) (WLS) -- One of the stars of the new movie "The Lone Ranger" used to live just outside Chicago before she went Hollywood.
Phoebe is an all-white thoroughbred cast as "Silver." She was discovered two years ago at the Valley View Acres horse farm in Woodstock as plans for the film got underway.
Phoebe is one of five horses used in various scenes and her specialty is jumping. Phoebe can leap four and a half feet.
She's seven years old, and trained at Arlington Park and Hawthorne, but apparently, she spooked the other horses because of her color.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer