Drew Peterson requests appeal assistance
July 5, 2013 (JOLIET, Ill.) (WLS) -- Convicted murderer Drew Peterson has asked some of his trial attorneys to help appeal his conviction while he serves a 38-year prison sentence downstate.
Attorney Steve Greenberg and two other attorneys who had worked on Peterson's trial have filed a motion to handle the appeal.
Peterson, a former Bolingbrook police officer, was convicted of killing his third wife, Kathleen Savio.
Peterson also remains a suspect in his fourth wife Stacey's disappearance back in 2007.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 1 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 58 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 37 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 37 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 13 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
1 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
45 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos