Person of interest questioned in shooting of 5-year-old
July 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have questioned a person of interest in the shooting of a 5-year-old boy, but no charges have been filed.
Jaden Donald was shot in the stomach early Friday when someone opened fire at Cooper Park in the West Pullman neighborhood. He was there with his family celebrating the Fourth of July.
The boy was one of three people wounded. Doctors had to remove his kidney, spleen and pancreas.
A 7-year old boy was injured in a separate shooting. He has been released from the hospital.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits 37 min ago