Person of interest questioned in shooting of 5-year-old
July 6, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police have questioned a person of interest in the shooting of a 5-year-old boy, but no charges have been filed.
Jaden Donald was shot in the stomach early Friday when someone opened fire at Cooper Park in the West Pullman neighborhood. He was there with his family celebrating the Fourth of July.
The boy was one of three people wounded. Doctors had to remove his kidney, spleen and pancreas.
A 7-year old boy was injured in a separate shooting. He has been released from the hospital.
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bears beat Cowboys 45-28 on Ditka Day
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913