7-year-old Christian Lyles shot at Cole Park in Chatham area, among victims of violent holiday weekend
July 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 7-year-old boy was recovering from bullets wounds Sunday after he was injured in one of several shootings across the city of Chicago.
Christian Lyles was shot in the neck at Cole Park in the Chatham neighborhood. He had been released from the hospital Sunday.
In other Fourth of July holiday weekend shootings, at least 9 men were killed, and 46 others were injured.
- Chicago Weather: Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 9 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square 10 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
39 min ago