7-year-old Christian Lyles shot at Cole Park in Chatham area, among victims of violent holiday weekend
July 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 7-year-old boy was recovering from bullets wounds Sunday after he was injured in one of several shootings across the city of Chicago.
Christian Lyles was shot in the neck at Cole Park in the Chatham neighborhood. He had been released from the hospital Sunday.
In other Fourth of July holiday weekend shootings, at least 9 men were killed, and 46 others were injured.
- Winter storm dumps on city, suburbs 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 2 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos