7-year-old Christian Lyles shot at Cole Park in Chatham area, among victims of violent holiday weekend
July 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 7-year-old boy was recovering from bullets wounds Sunday after he was injured in one of several shootings across the city of Chicago.
Christian Lyles was shot in the neck at Cole Park in the Chatham neighborhood. He had been released from the hospital Sunday.
In other Fourth of July holiday weekend shootings, at least 9 men were killed, and 46 others were injured.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 18 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 6 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 36 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
36 min ago