7-year-old Christian Lyles shot at Cole Park in Chatham area, among victims of violent holiday weekend
July 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 7-year-old boy was recovering from bullets wounds Sunday after he was injured in one of several shootings across the city of Chicago.
Christian Lyles was shot in the neck at Cole Park in the Chatham neighborhood. He had been released from the hospital Sunday.
In other Fourth of July holiday weekend shootings, at least 9 men were killed, and 46 others were injured.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 52 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake