7-year-old Christian Lyles shot at Cole Park in Chatham area, among victims of violent holiday weekend
July 7, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 7-year-old boy was recovering from bullets wounds Sunday after he was injured in one of several shootings across the city of Chicago.
Christian Lyles was shot in the neck at Cole Park in the Chatham neighborhood. He had been released from the hospital Sunday.
In other Fourth of July holiday weekend shootings, at least 9 men were killed, and 46 others were injured.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in 7 min ago
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot