Police: DUI crash sends car, SUV into woods in DuPage County
July 9, 2013 (WAYNE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police say a driver suspected of DUI sent his car and an SUV off the highway and into the woods in DuPage County.
Police say they got numerous reports that a man was driving erratically in a black Cadillac on Route 59 in Wayne. When they arrived at the scene near Army Trail Road, they found a Toyota upside down against a tree with a woman trapped inside. It took a half hour to get her out, and to the hospital.
Officers say the suspect tried to run away, but was caught after a brief chase, and taken to the hospital.
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD