Firefighter hurt in South Side chimney collapse
July 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago firefighter was injured while battling flames early Wednesday on the city's South Side.
He was hurt when a chimney collapsed at a house fire in the 6800-block of South Winchester and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in stable condition.
There was no immediate word on any other injuries at the scene.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 35 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 31 min ago
- 7 in 77