Woman, 52, wounded in gang crossfire near 79th, Marquette
July 10, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 52-year-old woman was shot and wounded in gang crossfire on the South Side Wednesday evening.
Police say the woman was standing on the sidewalk when a gunman walked up and fired shots. Police say she was shot in the shoulder and transported to Northwestern Hospital.
ABC7 was told she is in good condition and recovering at the hospital on Wednesday night.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm 46 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase
- Bears terminate Julius Peppers contract
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- Snow blankets city, suburbs after March storm
46 min ago