Hobson Lucas wedding cost $125K to rent Promontory Point in Chicago
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is celebrating the marriage of its own Mellody Hobson to movie icon George Lucas because they "showed us the money" for their local reception.
The bride wanted a party in her hometown after the ceremony in California last month. The couple rented out the entire park at promontory point on South Lake Shore at 55th Street.
The price tag for ten days of setup, park district crews, clean up and parking lots: $125,000. Since the Lucas fortune is estimated at over $7 billion, a soiree for his bride seems like pocket change.
No word on how much it cost to get Prince to serenade Mellody as she partied like it's 1999.
city of chicago, local
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway 40 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes 56 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges 29 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond 19 min ago
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Political consultant hit by falling ice 12 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois deficit released
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
40 min ago
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for...
56 min ago