Hobson Lucas wedding cost $125K to rent Promontory Point in Chicago
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is celebrating the marriage of its own Mellody Hobson to movie icon George Lucas because they "showed us the money" for their local reception.
The bride wanted a party in her hometown after the ceremony in California last month. The couple rented out the entire park at promontory point on South Lake Shore at 55th Street.
The price tag for ten days of setup, park district crews, clean up and parking lots: $125,000. Since the Lucas fortune is estimated at over $7 billion, a soiree for his bride seems like pocket change.
No word on how much it cost to get Prince to serenade Mellody as she partied like it's 1999.
city of chicago, local
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 50 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 13 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy, 15, charged in shooting of boy, 14, on city's South Side 33 min ago
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says 44 min ago
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77