Hobson Lucas wedding cost $125K to rent Promontory Point in Chicago
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The City of Chicago is celebrating the marriage of its own Mellody Hobson to movie icon George Lucas because they "showed us the money" for their local reception.
The bride wanted a party in her hometown after the ceremony in California last month. The couple rented out the entire park at promontory point on South Lake Shore at 55th Street.
The price tag for ten days of setup, park district crews, clean up and parking lots: $125,000. Since the Lucas fortune is estimated at over $7 billion, a soiree for his bride seems like pocket change.
No word on how much it cost to get Prince to serenade Mellody as she partied like it's 1999.
city of chicago, local
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour 30 min ago
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot