Man allegedly attempts to lure girl in Lawndale
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police are warning residents in the city's Lawndale community to be alert after a man tried to lure a teenaged girl into his vehicle.
Police say the man asked the girl if she wanted a ride Wednesday afternoon in the 700 block of South Karlov.
She ignored him but he drove around the block, got out of his van and tried to put her inside.
He left when she hit him.
The suspect is described as a bald, black man between 40 and 50 years old with no facial hair, yellowish teeth, big pointed ears, a right droopy eye and acne all over his face.
He was driving a white cargo van.
Anyone with information should call police.
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot