Relatives ID body found in Englewood yard as Darryl Green, 16
July 11, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A distraught Juanita Bonner and her relatives come to the place where her nephew Darryl Green died. The 16- year old body was discovered a few hours ago in the Englewood neighborhood.
"He never goes anywhere. It's just so shocking for this to happen to anyone," said Juanita Green Bonner, victim's aunt.
His body was found behind a boarded up home in the 6500-block of South Damen in the West Englewood neighborhood.
"It's somebody's child. . .you know, just laying down on that ground, dead. You know, just another life gone," said Eola States, Englewood resident.
Green was found by officers face-down on a set of basement stairs of an abandoned building.
Although witnesses say there were no visible signs of trauma to the body, family members say police told them Darryl had been beaten to death. Investigators at the scene did not confirm any details.
Relatives say the Harper High School student stopped attending class and think he may have been targeted because of his refusal to join a gang.
local, evelyn holmes
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 7 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown' 20 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 1 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday 41 min ago
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC 25 min ago
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing 27 min ago
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes 26 min ago
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos