1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team visits President Obama
July 11, 2013 (WASHINGTON) (WLS) -- The 1963 Loyola Ramblers men's basketball team stopped by the Oval Office on Thursday.
They met with President Obama as part of the school's 50th anniversary celebration of their national championship win.
The 1963 Ramblers were the first team in college basketball to start four black men on their starting line.
They went on to beat the University of Cincinnati in overtime to win the national championship that year.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 11 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident 36 min ago
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- Proposed law on gun sentencing tweaked
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- Styrofoam product ban proposed in Chicago
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
11 min ago