Military vet Mack Jones gets home makeover on South Side
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A military veteran who lives on Chicago's South Side received a gift today for his service.
Veteran Mack Jones got a home makeover on Friday.
The house now has new interior painting, ceiling tiles, landscaping and other repairs.
The makeover is part of the Make a Difference Tour that's hitting 20 different cities in the U.S.
In each city volunteers are rebuilding one military veteran's home.
The tour's sponsored by Hoffman Estates-based retailer Craftsman.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains