Anti-violence groups plead for peace in Chicago
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Reverend Jesse Jackson is calling for calm when the verdict is reached in the Zimmerman trial.
On Friday night, he joined Father Michael Pfleger from St. Sabina Catholic Church for a march around the neighborhood to denounce violence here in Chicago.
Hadiya Pendleton's mother spoke about the pain of losing her daughter to a shooting.
"I'm tired of crying. I don't have no tears for you, this is not for show, this is my life. This is my life, whether the cameras are on or off, and unfortunately no one is doing anything to protect everyone else's life," said Cleopatra Cowley-Pendleton, Hadiya Pendleton's mother.
NBA Hall-of-Famer Isaiah Thomas and Mayor Rahm Emanuel took in a basketball game Friday night at Kennicott Park as part of the Windy City Hoops program that tries to keep kids active and out of trouble.
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main break 37 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan 5 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured 24 min ago
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 35 min ago
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime 56 min ago
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- Grand Blue Line stop closed by water main...
37 min ago
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
5 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane...
5 min ago