Anti-violence groups plead for peace in Chicago
July 12, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Reverend Jesse Jackson is calling for calm when the verdict is reached in the Zimmerman trial.
On Friday night, he joined Father Michael Pfleger from St. Sabina Catholic Church for a march around the neighborhood to denounce violence here in Chicago.
Hadiya Pendleton's mother spoke about the pain of losing her daughter to a shooting.
"I'm tired of crying. I don't have no tears for you, this is not for show, this is my life. This is my life, whether the cameras are on or off, and unfortunately no one is doing anything to protect everyone else's life," said Cleopatra Cowley-Pendleton, Hadiya Pendleton's mother.
NBA Hall-of-Famer Isaiah Thomas and Mayor Rahm Emanuel took in a basketball game Friday night at Kennicott Park as part of the Windy City Hoops program that tries to keep kids active and out of trouble.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Chicago FOP president suspended 25 min ago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- Rodman returns to N. Korea on basketball diplomacy trip 20 min ago
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor