Driver in custody after pedestrian killed
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old Oak Park man was killed early Saturday morning after being struck by car as he was crossing Harlem Avenue at Jackson.
The car then took off, but police stopped it within minutes of the crash. The driver was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The victim, who name is being withheld until family is notified, was crossing with two friends around 3 a.m. when he was hit. His companions were not injured.
Charges have not yet been filed.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night 36 min ago
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery 30 min ago
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home