Driver in custody after pedestrian killed
July 13, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old Oak Park man was killed early Saturday morning after being struck by car as he was crossing Harlem Avenue at Jackson.
The car then took off, but police stopped it within minutes of the crash. The driver was taken into custody for suspicion of driving under the influence.
The victim, who name is being withheld until family is notified, was crossing with two friends around 3 a.m. when he was hit. His companions were not injured.
Charges have not yet been filed.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation